Raspberry Pi has launched a brand new board referred to as the Zero 2 W — and, excitingly, it prices simply $15. It has greater than 5 instances extra energy than its predecessor, due to a brand new quad-core CPU.
This makes it very best for constructing small media servers, pet displays, or any variety of related growth initiatives. Earlier than we speak about the way it compares with the Zero W, let’s check out its specs.
- Broadcom BCM2710A1, quad-core 64-bit SoC (Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1GHz)
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n wi-fi LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- 1 × USB 2.0 interface with OTG
- HAT-compatible 40 pin I/O header footprint
- MicroSD card slot
- Mini HDMI port
- Composite video and reset pin solder factors
- CSI-2 digicam connector
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30); H.264 encode (1080p30)
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
The earlier model of the board solely had one ARM-based core clocked at 1Ghz. What’s extra, the brand new iteration additionally works on 64 bits, moderately than sticking to the 32. Improved information processing, right here we come.
The brand new model additionally helps a H.264 video decoder, so you possibly can course of full HD video stream at 30 frames per second.